Nice upon a time, I used to blog. A lot. If I found something cool, I’d slap it up on my journal to show folks the daily coolness I’d found. And it was good.
Then Twitter came around, the perfect place for my short attention span, and that took me over. It isn’t that one is better than the other but one IS easier to use (I’m looking at you, Retweet feature) when you want to spread news or links or cool videos of kittens. However, I think it’s a disservice to bloggers to focus on one and not the other so I’m going to try my darnedest (is that a word?) to make time for all media, including this blog and Facebook.
So, that said, here are a list of nifty things I found this week.
– Quitting The Paint Factory by Mark Slouka : an old essay but, despite it’s wordiness, it struck home
– Interesting iReaderReview article : so true, but does this have to be a bad thing?
– interesting NYT article on font choice and “believability” of the text – I use Calibri and Garamond, if anyone is curious 😉
– fell in love with fellow indie author Hugh Howey‘s “Molly Fyde” series : I’ve been told that “Wool” is better but seriously, I can’t stop fangirling over this series; I’ve always loved space opera and YA, and this is seriously the perfect mix of both
– Worst. First lines. EVAR. Still have me rolling in amusement!
A quick note regarding AHW5: there’s a lot going right now in the background but I promise you I’m working on it and WILL be releasing it. I wish I had a release date set but as soon as I get that figured out I will let you all know. Promise!!!
Now, back to writing. I’m at this really nifty part where Lucy, Jeremiah and co are being shot at by… Well, it’s pretty cool. 😉 (too much teasing?)